Snort mailing list archives

Problem with snort log with mysql. Snortsnarf?

From: Aaron Babalola <roniebabs () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 07:20:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi

I have three problems with my snort, I installed snort on windows XP and it shows to run fine because I can see logs or
maybe just lipcap capture on my command prompt but my problems are

1. Snort will not run as a service, I mean starting when I boot up

2. I used mysql to view my log/alerts, but I couldn’t see where they are logged into, I     couldn’t view any alert,
and there was no error.

3. Finally, I want to ask if there is snortsnarf for windows, and where can I download it

I will appreciate if someone could help me out on this, I’m using windows to really understand snort before I go into
linux because I’m more flexible with win than linux

Ronie