Snort mailing list archives

RE: snort 1.9.0 + redhat 8.0: no output to mysql wh en in daemon mode

From: "L. Christopher Luther" <CLuther () Xybernaut com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 13:41:37 -0500

Per the source code I've reviewed, only the '-A ...' command line parameter
would override (i.e., disable) any output plugins specified in snort.conf;
'-D' shouldn't touch the output plugins.

Also, you don't want to use both 'alert' and 'log' at the same time to the
same MySQL database; you'll end up with lots of duplicate data. [0]

- Christopher
 [0] http://www.theadamsfamily.net/~erek/snort/logging_methods.txt
<http://www.theadamsfamily.net/~erek/snort/logging_methods.txt>