Snort mailing list archives

Re: 2GB limit?

From: Steve Suehring <snort () braingia org>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 13:19:05 -0600

The limit you're running into is more likely a filesystem limit and not a
snort limit.

Steve

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 09:47:16AM -0800, Sammy X wrote:

   Has anyone else run into any problems where logging in tcpdump format
   stops once the log file reaches 2GB?  I'm using Snort 1.8.6 (Build
   105) on a Redhat 7.2 box with kernel 2.4.7-10.  My libpcap is the one
   the came with Redhat (0.6.2-9).  From what I've read so far, it looks
   like the problem is with libpcap not having been compiled with LFS.
   Any thoughts/suggestions?  Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks in
   advance.

   Sammy
   [1]Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. [2]Sign up now