Snort mailing list archives

RE: Question about alerts and Windows environment

From: "L. Christopher Luther" <CLuther () Xybernaut com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 13:16:06 -0500

I just tweaked the snort.c file so that the '-s ipaddress' command line
parameter would not disable any output plugins specified in the snort.conf
file.  I now use *both* the '-s ipaddress' command line parameter and
'output alert_syslog: ...' option in snort.conf, and now Snort is properly
sending syslog alerts to my syslog daemon on another Win32 server.

Christopher

(BTW, I'm currently using Kiwi's syslog daemon service, but may switch to
3COM's syslog daemon service)