Snort mailing list archives

Re: Ignored x duplicate alerts (ACID, MySQL, Snort 1.9. x)

From: Jon <warchild () spoofed org>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:22:19 -0500

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 10:37:16AM -0400, FWAdmin wrote:
It's me again. Can someone please help me with this? I know I can't be the
only one who had this problem :)

Added 0 alert(s) to the Alert cache
Ignored 17 duplicate alert(s)
No alerts were selected or the ARCHIVE-move was not successful
Every time I try to move or copy, same message regardless of the number of
alerts.

Are you running more than one instance of Snort on a single interface?  If so, be
sure to set the sensor_name argument to the database output plugin as I've seen this
very problem.

hth,

-jon