Snort mailing list archives

snort & mysql

From: "Machilsen, Koen" <Koen.Machilsen () getronics com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:23:01 +0100

I keep hitting the same error message over and over again when compiling
and
installing snort and mysql

mysql 3.23.54a is installed correctly because I can logging to it etc...

compiling and installing snort seems te work (when logging to files)

but when I want to use output database mysql I get the following error
in my
/var/log/messages

database: 'mysql' support is not compiled into this build of snort
Mar 10 12:11:45 koen snort: FATAL ERROR: If this build of snort was
obtained
as a binary distribution (e.g., rpm, or Windows), then check for
alternate
builds that contains the necessary 'mysql' support.  If this build of
snort
was compiled by you, then re-run the the ./configure script using the
'--with-mysql' switch. For non-standard installations of a database, the
'--with-mysql=DIR' syntax may need to be used to specify the base
directory
of the DB install.  See the database documentation for cursory details
(doc/README.database). and the URL to the most recent database plugin
documentation.
Mar 10 12:11:45 koen kernel: device eth0 left promiscuous mode

however I configured snort wth mysql support: --with-mysql
or --with-mysql=/usr/lib/mysql (base directory install)

has anyone already encounterd this error?

thx
koen