Snort mailing list archives

Re: Ignoring SNMP from specific addresses?

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:24:09 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Matt Richard wrote:

I'd like to ignore all SNMP requests from our network management
server, which is in a different subnet from my HOME_NET subnet.

Is there an SNMP_SERVERS option, or something like that, that I can
add to my snort.conf file?  Or would you just suggest adding that
server's IP address into my HOME_NET variable?  I want to look for
other bad stuff that may come from that subnet, but I don't care to
know how often that server does a new discovery cycle.

Two ways.  Read about them in the docs, or a summary [0].

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams

[0]     http://www.theadamsfamily.net/~erek/snort/ignore.txt