Snort mailing list archives

Re: viewing archived alerts

From: Jason Romo <jromo () networkguardian net>
Date: 10 Mar 2003 07:43:27 -0500

you will need to copy the acid directory to another directory.  call it
something like acid2 or acid_bk.  You will need to modify the
acid_conf.php file.  Switch the backup database to be the primary and
the primary to be the backup.  This will allow you to move data between
the two databases.  then you will go to:

http://yourhost/acid for the main database

and

http://yourhost/acid2 for the backup database

I work with the backup database as the logging and reporting database.
This keeps the main databases free for monitoring and cleaning.

Hope that helps,

Jason