Snort mailing list archives

Re: (spp_arpspoof) Ethernet/ARP Mismatch request for Destination

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 17:29:44 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Jan Hugo Prins wrote:

got this message in my alert file several times today, and I would have
expected to have them in my tcpdump files as well. But the packets were not
there. Is this normal or could there be some confuration error?

Nope, that's normal.  The arpspoof preprocessor doesn't log packets to any
facility, it just logs a message about it.  There's a patch that was just
sent over to snort-developers list that does add some detail to the
output, if you want more data.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams