Snort mailing list archives

Portscan2 threshold values

From: Ueli Kistler <iuk () gmx ch>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 10:58:26 +0100

Hello,

before relasing the next Eagle X release (Snort 1.9.1 or newer, php newest version without cgi vulnerability (Eagle X uses Server API module anyway), Winpcap 3.0 beta or newer (SMP support), Oinkmaster win32 with necessary cygwin files (cvs version derived from Andreas Östlings oinkmaster.pl script available on www.packx.net), etc.) i'd like to know more about threshold values used for Snort for different WAN devices:

If some people could tell me about their threshold values of portscan2 and conversation preprocessors, it would be great. Reply to eclipse () packx net, telling me which bandwith your WAN connection has, what threshold values you use and (perhaps) how often alerts are triggered.
Thanks!!

Regards,
   Ueli Kistler
   eclipse () packx net