Snort mailing list archives

Fragmented RPC Records

From: John Hally <JHally () epnet com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 15:41:10 -0500

Hello,

I'm seeing a lot of (spp_rpc_decode) Fragmented RPC Records  and
(spp_rpc_decode) Incomplete RPC segment going to one particular address,
which resolves back to a firewall as best as I can tell.  I've looked at the
packets and they do not seem to be malicious, but all have a destination
port of 32771.  I'm thinking snort is tripping on the high port number, but
wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone can shed more light on this.

Thanks in advance,

John.