Snort mailing list archives

disabling the new spew of spp_rpc_decode alerts

From: AppleAnnie331 () aol com
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 10:22:47 -0500

Has any one figured out how to turn off these new rpc alerts yet (without crippling all the rcp related alerts we had
pre v1.9.1?)  I've tried via snortcenter and keep getting
"Unknown argument to rpc_decode preprocessor:" errors no matter what combo I try.  Some of the combos I have tried are:

preprocessor rpc_decode: 111 32771 no_alert_multiple_requests, no_alert_large_fragments, no_alert_incomplete

and

preprocessor rpc_decode: no_alert_multiple_requests, no_alert_large_fragments, no_alert_incomplete

and

preprocessor rpc_decode: 111 32771 no_alert_large_fragments, no_alert_incomplete