Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort & sql

From: César Augusto Rojas Sierra <cesarojs () etb com co>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 10:42:52 -0500

Hi, I had the same problem, you must give access from remote sensor to the database to the user, I found this in the MySQL manual, and it works, now my sensor in Win 98 box can connect to the MySQL server in a Linux Box, even I can get the reports using ACID:

As of MySQL Version 3.23, for Host values specifed as IP numbers, you can specify a netmask indicating how many address bits to use for the network number. For example:

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON db.*
-> TO david@'192.58.197.0/255.255.255.0';

This will allow everyone to connect from an IP where the following is true:

user_ip & netmask = host_ip.

In the above example all IP:s in the interval 192.58.197.0 - 192.58.197.255 can connect to the MySQL server.

Good luck