Snort mailing list archives

SnortCenter Multiple Local sensors

From: "Read, Andrew" <andrew.read () nz teletech com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:01:43 +1300

Hi All,

I've been searching for information regarding running 2 local sensors on the
same box as my SnortCenter/Acid console.

I have 1 sensor working fine.

When I add the second sensor, I get no traffic logged (to the DB) from
either. Though I can see an alert file and portscan file growing in my
/var/log/snort directory.

I did not add a second snortsensor instance. I just added another sensor in
Snortcenter specifing eth2. I can push policies and restart both sensors
fine, just no data heading for the database.

Any suggestions?

Andrew

The information contained in this email is confidential and
may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any
use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this
message is prohibited. If you have received this message in
error please notify the sender and delete all copies of this
message including any attachments it may contain.
The email or its content does not necessarily represent the
views of the company.