Snort mailing list archives

segmentation fault when logging snort

From: "Gross Barry D." <bd.gross () hosp wisc edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 08:30:10 -0600

using snort 1.9.0 a majority of the time when I use insert the -l option in snort packet logger mode I get a
segmentation fault.  It does write to the screen just fine and on occasion (1 out of 10 times) it does write
successfully to the log.  I haven't been able to find any documentation on this.  anyone experience something similar?

thanks
barry

Barry Gross
Systems Analyst