Snort mailing list archives

Re: Another uricontent question

From: Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:20:03 -0500

"Lawrence Reed" <Lawrence.Reed () noaa gov> writes:

Do uricontent's get checked in sequentially like content options?

only with the advent of distance/within did they get checked
sequentially in packet order.

In particular sid 1072 has two uricontent options.  According to
most of the advisories these two uricontents need to appear in the
order they are defined ie "GET /.nsf/../somefile".  However I am
receiving alerts for URI like "GET /../prog.nsf/data/file".  Is this
expected behaviour?

Yes.  I don't think that distance and within work with uricontents.
In fact, I'm very sure they don't.

--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Let not the sands of time get in your lunch.