Snort mailing list archives

RE: uricontent option in 1.9 vs 1.8.6

From: David Gordon <dgordon () mmwec org>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:28:26 -0500

Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com> writes:

It needs both sides of the conversation with preprocessor stream4:
enabled

It's seeing both sides of the conversation, and I have the following line in
my conf file:

preprocessor stream4: detect_scans, disable_evasion_alerts

I suppose the limited snaplen could be causing data that would identify this
as URI content to be lost.
I'll see if I can examine the packet data to understand what's going on.

In the meantime, I've changed my configuration so that instead of capturing
data with tcpdump and later running it through snort, I run snort and log it
with -b switch. Is this a better way to do it? I guess the files will be
_much_ larger.

David Gordon