Snort mailing list archives

Fwd: Re: abnormal spade behavior!

From: Mahdi Kefayati <kefaiati () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:32:54 -0800 (PST)

 Note: forwarded message attached.

--- Begin Message --- From: Mahdi Kefayati <kefaiati () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 20:30:15 -0800 (PST)

In the Name of the Dearest
Dear James
AsIdon have access to my IDS now and you know spade versions are somehowcomplicated I don't know what versionI use,
Just I know it's the version comming with snort-stable (1.9.0) and I'vedownloaded it about 2weeks ago.
I've read the Documentation. I myself enabled the survey also enabled database reporting and I saw some alerts there,
survey files are also created.But spade.rcv is never created. spade.log was created at some start ups but was empty
andsome times there wereamessage telling that snort is okbut spade has shut down! by the way I'm using snort 1.9.0 on
redhat 8.0, AMD Athlon 900 + 128MB of RAM. and I run a fresh proccess of snort for spade with no rules, just spade
preproccessors and database output.
Regards
Mahdi Kefayati