Snort mailing list archives

Snort Remote Database Support

From: "Eirea, Maria (ITD)" <maria () miamidade gov>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:05:00 -0500

I am attempting to install Snort IDS.

I have MySQL, ACID, and Snort installed on a single machine and it is
working in a Windows XP environment.

I am attempting to implement a centralized database with multiple sensors.
However, I can not get the remote sensor to talk to the MySQL database. I
download MyODBC and loaded it on the remote sensor and modified the
Snort.conf file as follows:

output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=snort dbname=snort
host=10.10.29.20 sensor_name=sensor1 detail=full

user name = snort
password = snort
database = snort
ip address of machine were MySQL database is located = 10.10.29.20

The following error is generated in the application even log:

 <<Snort Error.JPG>>
Can you please give me any idea of what I could be missing?

Maria E. Eirea
Senior Operating Systems Programmer