Snort mailing list archives

Re: How do I clean up when ACID fails like this?

From: Jon <warchild () spoofed org>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:06:38 -0500

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 02:10:34PM -0500, Aaron The Young wrote:

Hello,

I have way too much in my SQL database at this time and
trying to delete selected alerts causes the following error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 180 seconds exceeded in
/usr/share/acidlab/acid_db.inc on line 260

I find the 180 seconds to be not even close to enough time, especially when
your database gets relatively large and/or your sensor(s) get more
involved.  I'd recommend editing the ACID config file to up the script run
time (acid_conf.php) before you decide to delete the entire DB and start
over.

-jon
(fyi, I currently have my timeout set to 18000, which gets me 300 minutes
of runtime.  I found that even 1800 wasn't always enough when I was, say,
deleting 100,000 alerts after our networks were scanned for
$windows-exploit-of-the-day)