Snort mailing list archives

Re: Help with web servers

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:21:16 -0500

Impatient aren't we?

First, let's clarify your network configuration.. There's some important details you glossed over.

1) is Snort running on the same machine as the NAT-Firewall, or on a separate computer inside your network?

2) If yes to the above, what interface is snort listening on? external or internal?

3) is the webserver running on the same machine as the NAT-Firewall, or on a separate computer inside your network?

4) when you say the rules "don't work", how did you attempt to trigger them. Be VERY specific about the network topology of where the attacks were launched from, where they went to, and where snort is relative to all this.