Snort mailing list archives

RE: Unknown Sensor

From: "Schmehl, Paul L" <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:26:33 -0600

I had this same problem.  It was easily fixed by adding the
"sensor_name" variable to the "output database:" variable, like this:
output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=snort dbname=snort
host=localhost sensor_name={your-sensor-name-here}

The sensor_name can be anything you want it to be; hostname, arbitrary
value (like gateway, dmz, whatever), or just "sensor1".

It's in the docs.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas