Snort mailing list archives

Re: Port Scan traffic not showing

From: Dustin Decker <dustind () moon-lite com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 22:30:54 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003 linuxnews () wormfishin com wrote:

I recentely installed Snort and i'm using the Acid console for output, I
can't seem to get logs though for port scan traffic, i've done multiple
port scans on the network but nothing is showing up.  I made sure that the
port scan rules were not commented out, I'm wondering if it's because we
have a token ring network?  Does anyone have any ideas?