Snort mailing list archives

RE: MySql and Snort

From: "L. Christopher Luther" <CLuther () Xybernaut com>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 22:27:30 -0500

Cilin,

First:  Your problem in a nutshell is the '-E' parameter on the Win32
binary.  Using this alert command line directive disables the output plugins
specified in the snort.conf file.  Using any of the other alert command line
'-A fast', '-A full', etc. will also disable the output plugins specified in
snort.conf.  And yes, this is by design.

Second:  Do *not* use two output database plugins to the same MySQL
database.  If you do, you'll end up with duplicate data.  Check out:
http://www.theadamsfamily.net/~erek/snort/logging_methods.txt

If you really want Snort alerts sent to the Win32 Event Log, then use the
syslog output plugin.  By default, under Win32 this will