Snort mailing list archives

create_mysql

From: Jay Longley <foundation_consulting () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 22:17:06 -0800 (PST)

I was wondering if I could borrow your expertise for a minute.  I am trying to install snort on a Redhat 7.3 machine.
I have been following the installation guide from http://home.earthlink.net/~sjscott007/ exactly as described.  I have
installed Redhat 7.3, updated it with all available patches, and turned the portmapper service off.  I have installed
apache, and started the httpd service.  I have also installed the MySQL-3.23.55-1.i386.rpm,
MySQL-client-3.23.55-1.i386.rpm, and MySQL-3.23.55-1.i386.rpm.  I have set the password, logged in, created the
database snort, exited, ran chkconfig --level 3 mysql on.  Then logged back into mysql connected to the snort database
and typed at the mysql prompt   mysql>source create_mysql   .  I have done this from the directory from which I've
installed the rpms, and this is the error I'm getting....  To be specific it's says  -

ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '[schema] ( vseq     NUMERIC(10,0) NOT NULL,

                                               ctime  '  at line 1

Any Ideas?  I've rebuilt this machine a few times, and keep reaching the same error.

Thanks!!!

Jay