Snort mailing list archives

Re: Eagle X 1.0 release

From: Ueli Kistler <iuk () gmx ch>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 20:13:14 +0100

Thanks for reporting this..any mysql server acl set up following the silicondefense.com tutorial is also concerned! An update will be available soon (also with a new configuration tool (perhaps), which will set Snort service to start automatically (and not only manual, like snort does by default)).
IDScenter 1.1 RC2 will be included too.

Workaround:
- Open a command-line window (command.com)
- Go to MySQL folder: cd\EagleX\mysql\bin
- type: mysql -u root -p -P 7788
- type the password: snortids
- type GRANT UPDATE on snort.* to acid@localhost;
 and GRANT UPDATE on snort_archive.* to acid@localhost;
- type quit;

Done.

Regards,
   Eclipse
   eclipse () packx net

--

Rob Shein wrote:

I've installed it, and I'm having one problem that I cannot troubleshoot.  I
installed with all defaults, and snort/mysql/apache are all working
together...except for one thing.  I get an access denied for acid@localhost
for database snort error on pages that drill down beyond the one-line
summary of the alert.  All things are set to default, and looking in the php
it looks like username/password are set right, and when I connect to those
using MySql Control Center, they work.  Any ideas?