Snort mailing list archives

RE: SnortSnarf Install Document

From: "Slighter, Tim" <tslighter () itc nrcs usda gov>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:45:51 -0700

No document but the install is quite simple

tar/gunzip it to /usr/local and I "mv" the snortsnarf directory to "snarf"
then "cd" to "snarf" and then "TimeModules" and issue "perl Makefile.PL" and
then "make" and "make test" and "make install".  Now the your modules are in
place,

find your apache htdocs location and create a few subdirectories under
there;

mkdir /usr/local/apache/htdocs/snort
mkdir /usr/local/apache/htdocs/snort/alert
mkdir /usr/local/apache/htdocs/snort/portscan

first test out the snortsnarf.pl perl script from the "snarf" directory as
follows:

perl snortsnarf.pl /var/log/snort/alert -d
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/snort/alert

perl snortsnarf.pl /var/log/snort/portscan.log -d
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/snort/portscan

If this works as anticipated,  your last step is to create a sh script and
"cron" it to run however often you wish.