Snort mailing list archives

Snort slurps memory

From: "Maarten de Vries" <mdv () unsavoury net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:36:09 +0100

Hi,

If this has been discussed before I apologize, but I haven't found an answer
in the archives so far.
Ever since we upgraded to 1.9.0, the amount of memory Snort uses has
increased dramatically. The total size of the process was never more than
about 8Mb, however, Snort now seems to occupy around 50Mb.
Can anyone tell me why the process has grown so incredibly large?

The OS involved is FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE on Intels with 512Mb of memory. Snort
is restarted daily.

Thanks in advance,
--
Maarten