Snort mailing list archives

--enable-flexresp

From: "Larry Calow" <lcalow () nettech1 com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 16:07:16 -0500

I have always had problems getting snort to compile with --enable-flexresp and work. I have also had problems with the
Redhat and Mandrake RPM's. It was a hit or miss thing getting it to work.
It seems that snort is looking for a file /usr/lib/libpcap.so.0.6.2 if it doesn't find this exact file it will bomb out
I have used tried versions libpcap.so.0.6 no good I expected as much not downward compatible, but version
libpcap.so.0.7 no good same error.
So okay the work around is to have version libpcap.so.0.6.2 and version libpcap.so.0.7 of the file in this directory.
Will a symbolic link work???

Larry