Snort mailing list archives

Re: 300,000 alerts in Database from spp_asn1

From: "Ian Macdonald" <secsnort () dirk demon co uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:21:57 -0500

I have been seeing alot of this kind of traffic coming from an HP openview
box.

I have attached a file, that require perl and the mysql modules for perl ,
You may need to tweek it a little since it designed for removing false
positives on normal rules not spp events.

I have another one that does deletes based on signature name, but it is
written for perl on windows and the code is messy

Ian