Snort mailing list archives

snort and oralce (snort 1.90)

From: "gongya" <yu () dhcp-243-81 gongya net>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:02:10 -0700

Hi, anyone knows why for the following messages ?

snort -i hme0 -l ./log -c etc/snort.conf

database: compiled support for ( oracle )
database: configured to use oracle
database:          user = snort
database: password is set
database: database name = ocean
database:   sensor name = 192.168.1.23
database: oracle_error: ORA-01403: no data found

database: oracle_error: ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("SNORT"."SENSOR"."LAST_CID")

database: oracle_error: ORA-01403: no data found

database: Problem obtaining SENSOR ID (sid) from ocean->sensor

 When this plugin starts, a SELECT query is run to find the sensor id for the
 currently running sensor. If the sensor id is not found, the plugin will run
 an INSERT query to insert the proper data and generate a new sensor id. Then a
 SELECT query is run to get the newly allocated sensor id. If that fails then
 this error message is generated.

 Some possible causes for this error are:
  * the user does not have proper INSERT or SELECT privileges
  * the sensor table does not exist

 If you are _absolutely_ certain that you have the proper privileges set and
 that your database structure is built properly please let me know if you
 continue to get this error. You can contact me at (roman () danyliw com).

Fatal Error, Quitting..

Note:
1. Sensor is created.
2. Have all the privileges for snort .