Snort mailing list archives

Re: spp_portscan2 questions

From: Alberto Gonzalez <ag-snort () cerebro violating us>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 13:47:03 -0700

actually, with 'preprocessor portscan2-ignorehosts: x.x.x.x' it will just ignore all portscans from that specific host. No need to specify a certain port when you want to ignore them.....

Pauling wrote:

Having looked around, I don't see any way for me to tell portscan2 to ignore portscans from certain hosts... does anybody know if there is such a way, and also if there is a way to specify, "Ignore portscans from certain hosts from certain ports" specifially?

Many Thanks

--
The secret to success is to start from scratch and keep on scratching.