Snort mailing list archives

Double logging with 1.8.7/1.9.0

From: Jan Ploski <jpljpl () gmx de>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:19:01 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

Having installed 1.8.7 from source, I notice that each packet is being
logged twice (I used the following command lines: "snort -b -l . -i lo"
and "snort -dev -i lo"). So I upgraded to 1.9.0, but the problem persists.
It doesn't help to run snort with the -c option to point to the snort.conf
from the rules-stable.tar.gz distribution either.

On another machine I have snort 1.8.7 installed from a Debian package
and it's working fine.

Can you give me a hint about what I should investigate in my faulty
installation? Could it be due to some 'configure' options (I didn't
specify any but --prefix) or perhaps a wrong version of libpcap?
SuSE's libpcapn-0.4a6-343 there..)

Thanks,
Jan Ploski