Snort mailing list archives

Re: barnyard (Payload)

From: Alwin Raymundo <alrayworld () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 05:46:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Martin,

Thank for the info.

I already adjustment my configuration on both snort
and barnyard but showing me an error.
-*> Barnyard! <*-
Version 0.1.0-rc3 (Build 11)
By Andrew R. Baker (andrewb () snort org)
and Martin Roesch (roesch () sourcefire com,
www.snort.org)

dp_alert loaded
dp_log loaded
dp_stream_stat loaded
Fast Alert plugin initialized
AlertSyslog initialized
Log Dump plugin initialized
LogPcap initialized
AcidDb output plugin initialized
AlertCSV initialized
Parsing Config file: /etc/snort/barnyard.conf
Args: mysql, sensor_id 1, database snort, server
localhost, user usnort, password loghog, detail full
Barnyard Version 0.1.0-rc3 (Build 11) started
No Files found to read.  Exiting
Fatal Error, Quitting..
Exiting

barnyard.conf
output log_acid_db: mysql, sensor_id 1, database
snort, server localhost, user thalium, password
4e770!, detail full

in my snort.conf
output log_unified: filename snort.log, limit 128

and I started by barnyard with
barnyard  -c /etc/snort/barnyard.conf \
    -d /var/log/snort -g /etc/snort/gen-msg.map \
    -s /etc/snort/sid-msg.map -f scan.log

Is there any misconfiguration that I did.  Because
barnyard complaining about "no files found to read".
When I look at my /var/log/snort the file snort.log is
there and existing. Please correct me if I did
misconfiguration.  I appreciate it.

Thanks

Your brother in snort

--- Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com> wrote:
You need to setup log_unified in your snort.conf,
alert_unified only
reports the event data, not the packet logs.

      -Marty

On Tuesday, October 15, 2002, at 08:37 AM, Alwin