Snort mailing list archives

Re: please help ID payload info

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 12:49:37 -0400

Well, first did you check to see if this is actually coming from your webserver, or an external one? You left any details about that out, so I figure it's worth asking just to be sure. If it's an external webserver, I bet it's a webpage containing sample output from a security check tool.

also you claim that's similar to content sent out via email... do you have some sort of webmail access going where you might be accessing those emails from your webserver, causing it to legitimately send that content?

If that's actually coming from your webserver, and you don't have webmail, I'd check for security updates on ALL the webserver tools I was running running if I were you :)