Snort mailing list archives

MS Terminal Server Requests

From: "Parker, Ian" <parker.ian () syncrude com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:28:02 -0700

I was wondering who created the experimental Snort rule for detecting
malformed RDP packets in an MS terminal server request, SID 1447, and how
they came up with that particular payload. The reason I'm curious is that
every RDP packet to my terminal servers has this payload, so the rule gets
triggered all the time.

Ian Parker, GCWN

Senior Systems Analyst
Upgrading Plant Computing