Snort mailing list archives

How can I view the packet payload if the packet is SMTP

From: Atul Shrivastava <atul_iet () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 22:42:56 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I want to know that how can I view the captured packet payload if the packed is SMTP. Actually I have made a rule for
Conternt Inspection for SMTP for some specific word, the sensor is also getting alerts but when I want to see the mail
which it has captured then it shows a very hard to read mail. So I want a frontend which will act such that I can be
able to read the packed payload according to the application in which the packet is made by the source station and I
can also view the attachments if the Viewing station is having that required software to view that attachment. Can
anyone help me in this regard.

Thanks in  advance.

Regards and have a nice day,

                           Atul Shrivastava