Snort mailing list archives

Re: Re: alert_full won't create subdirectories for ip addresses when mysql logging is enabled

From: Frank Knobbe <fknobbe () knobbeits com>
Date: 02 Dec 2002 16:33:24 -0600

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 15:04, Chris Green wrote:
"Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb () snort org> writes:

Probably.  Maybe Chris can update the docs. ;) Basically, it is just
an output plugin for the default logging method.

Yeah I will update the docs. Didn't even know that there was a way to
manually enable that.  Even more suprised that people are using it :^)

I use it and love it. I have a script that goes through the directory
tree and emails the alerts. That way I can look at the packet content in
email (Subject is the alert, open email to see the packet content).
Creates a ton of mail though :)

Frank