Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort not logging to the database

From: twig les <twigles () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 12:20:11 -0800 (PST)

Could you elaborate a little?  This sounds like a
workaround to a problem that no one should have.  What
versions of everything, what errors etc....  The
reason I asked Edu to check mysql's status is that
I've seen people have a problem where they send a
query to their database and it shuts down the client
and server.  I've personally had snort die quietly on
me when tinkering, then wondered why my database
wasn't getting alerts :).

--- Thierry <lenaig () wanadoo fr> wrote:
Hi,
I had, in the past, the same problem, and i found
that when you are running
in daemon mode, snort don't log to mysql...
Now, i 'am running snort like that : snort -c
etc/snort.conf &
thierry

21/11/2002 19:10:43, twig les <twigles () yahoo com> a