Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 1.90 and Barnyard 0.1.0-rc3 (Build 11) with Acid 0.9.6b22 I nitial Install Help.

From: "Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb () snort org>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:58:33 -0500

Pacheco, Michael F. wrote:

When trying Barnyard in both log and then alert both Snort and Barnyard
start great - no errors, viewing the database I can see the event table
being populated with alerts, Acid actually increases the traffic counter
graphs as then should for the events its sees, but the sensor is never
registered and none of the Alerts are viewable through ACID

Remove the "sensor_id" configuration item from the acid db output plugin in barnyard.conf.

-A