Snort mailing list archives

Snort logging to remote MySQL host

From: "Bradley, Paul" <paulb () cta com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:48:18 -0700

I have successfully configured SNORT to log alerts to a local MySQL
database; however, I have installed another Snort sensor and would like it
to log alerts to the same database.  I have listed the appropriate remote
MySQL host in the snort.conf of the sensor; however, when I test snort, it
states that I didn't compile mysql support into the installation.  I can't
compile mysql support into that install because i don't have mysql installed
on that system.  is there some other configuration that i must do to get my
snort sensor to log to a remote mysql database?

thanks,

paul