Snort mailing list archives

remote logging snort rules question

From: "Rob Burris" <robeb () keepthevibe com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 16:31:18 -0700

I'm trying to log packets coming from outside a network and going to a
remote machine.

alert tcp !0.0.0.0/24 any -> 0.0.0.109 any

To start snort I do...

snort -d -h 0.0.0.0/24 -l /var/log/snortlog/ -c
/usr/local/src/snort/snort-1.9.0/rules/my.rules -s -D

I'm not getting any packet logs going to that machine but I do get packet
logs from THAT machine to my box.

I'm wondering why I am getting packet logs to my machine (that is the only
rule I have in my.rules) and how I can configure snort to log packets to
that machine that come from outside of my network?