Snort mailing list archives

Re: SNORT Reporting Tool ........ ???????

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 06:26:50 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Atul Shrivastava wrote:

[...snip...]

There are quite a few tools that you could use.  There is a perl script in
the /contrib directory that you can call from cron to send a nightly email
to whomever you chooose.

Also one more query that how can we configure so that some of the
specified alerts (let say that incorrect telnet login, or something
else)  are directly mailied to a specified mail account throuch some
mail server. We have our own mail server, so can now it be possible that
we create a mail account on our mail server and then we configure the
linux machine such that when a specified alert is generated then
immediately it is mailed to that account. This I think is a easy way to
handle higher priority alerts because the administrtor is not always be
able to see the ACID alert console, but he may be able to see his/her
mails regularly.  So please think over it and give me reply.  Thanks in
advance.

FAQ Reading time [0].

Short answer, Snort can't.  Something else can.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy