Snort mailing list archives

Re: RE: setting up my first snort box

From: twig les <twigles () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 10:12:33 -0800 (PST)

Are you insane?  About 1 inch under the FAQ link on
www.snort.org/docs is a section called "Setup Guides".

--- Jim Herbert <socrates_hgg42 () yahoo com> wrote:
Rigoberto De la Portilla <rdelaportilla () yahoo com>
wrote:
I have a amd 266 w/ 98megs of ram and about 6 gigs.
 I have installed
redhat 8.0 and i have 2 network cards on there.

Are there any howtos on setting up snort for
redhat?
Has anyone had anyproblems setting up snort on rh8?

this will be my first snort box.

I am in a similar situation (first snort box). I
have the FAQ and the Manual
(both from the snort site) but I haven't seen
anything along the lines of a
how to.

"" in advance"" ... Thanks for your time.

Let me know what you find out

Jim Herbert II

=====