Snort mailing list archives

Re: Win32 v1.9 incorrect on snort.org web site

From: Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 12:25:06 -0400

Rich Adamson <radamson () routers com> writes:

Win32 Snort...

I downloaded Snort-1.9.0-Win32.exe from www.snort.org/dl/binaries/1.9.0/ only
to find the executable contained within the download is Snort v1.8.7
The snort.org web site dated the download as "Oct 3 21:03:04 2002 GMT".
Several of the *.rules files have dates that indicate this download is
current, but the snort.exe is not.

Hrm, let me try a clean install when I get home.  It's possible that I
have severely botched packaging of it.  What version did you select
when you installed?

There is a free packaging solution that they use for dia that I will
migrate win32 versions of snort too by nullsoft in the coming days.
--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice.