Snort mailing list archives

Re: no logging to disk

From: "Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb () snort org>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 22:33:17 -0500

galitz wrote:
G'day.

I am using the latest snort 1.9 and am having a little
issue. I am logging to a remote MySQL database but I do not want any logging to disk at all. It is not clear if using the -N parameter will accomplish this. What is the correct way to do this?

The -N flag turns off all packet logging, including any methods that you have specified in the config file. I am guessing that you want to use the Snort database plugin in "log" mode. If that is the case, try adding "-A none" to the command line to turn off all of the alerting plugins.

-A