Snort mailing list archives

Spade version 021031.1 available

From: James Hoagland <hoagland () SiliconDefense com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:00:31 -0800

Greetings All,

Users have given some feedback on the last Spade release and so there is now an updated version of our statistical anomaly detector for Snort, 021031.1. (This was a month of Spade and SnortSnarf releases.) This is what has changed from 021029.1:

+ fixed a bug introduced in the last version causing compiler to complain
    about undeclared variable 'ap'
+ how many packets were stored, how many were anomalous, and overall count
    is now reported accurately in spade log file
+ avoided compiler warning about "subscript has type `char'" that some
    people experienced
+ support added for installing Spade when automake is not available (see
    Installation file)

You can download this and learn more at:

  http://www.silicondefense.com/software/spice/

Best regards,

  Jim

--
|*      Jim Hoagland, Associate Researcher, Silicon Defense      *|
|*            --- Silicon Defense: IDS Solutions ---             *|