Snort mailing list archives

Re: Port 2301

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () EVI-INC COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:43:04 -0500

I often get these with my 1.8.x version of snort. If you look at the traffic you'll see it's usually an outside webserver feeding data to a local client on a random local port, which in this case happens to be 2301.

A version of the rule using flows would be less likely to false on this, as it would realize that the port 2301 on your local machine is actually a client, not a server.