Snort mailing list archives

RE: Acid and Sensor ID's

From: "Hall, Duane" <Duane.Hall () hastings-ent com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 13:13:44 -0500

This is an update on what I did to fix my particular problem.  It may seem stupid, but what I did was to place the FQDN
in the hosts file and the short host name.

I have 3 different sensors logging to a separate mysql machine with ACID.  After I placed the FQDN in the hosts file it
worked fine.  I guess when I rebooted the mysql server and that particular sensor it failed to pick up its hostname
correctly.  Maybe this will help someone else in the future.

Duane

Duane Hall
Security Administrator
Hastings Entertainment