Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort w/ Error Message, but it still works!

From: Phil Wood <cpw () lanl gov>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 17:58:06 -0600

No problem. It's a gratuitous message available in the "ebuf"
argument from the libpcap pcap_open_live subroutine.

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 06:40:03PM -0500, Fairbank, Graham P. wrote:
I was just taking a look at my logs, and I ran across this on my machine
that I thought was working just fine... What do you all more experienced
people think about it?

Thanks!!!

Jul 25 18:30:19 sensor snort: WARNING: OpenPcap() device eth1 network
lookup:  ^Ieth1: no IPv4 address assigned

--
Phil Wood, cpw () lanl gov